Monaghan Integrated Development is planning to run an Introduction to Renewable Energy Technologies Training Programme. The training is aimed at community groups and enterprises who have an interest in developing their understanding of different types of renewable energy technologies available. As part of the programme, participants will be given support to assess if these technologies would be economically and environmentally beneficial to their community facility or enterprise, and to develop a Renewable Energy Technology Plan that may be used to seek funding from LEADER or other funders. We are planning to run this training from a couple of different locations in Co. Monaghan (likely Monaghan Town and Castleblayney). The course will be delivered 1 session per week over 9 weeks.
The training programme will include the following elements:
• Brief introduction to energy basics & renewable energy
• Energy efficient building design – where do renewable energy technologies work best?
• Solar PV panels and storage
• Wind energy, storage and transport
• Solar thermal systems and heat pumps
• Bioenergy – different sources and outputs
• Site visit to see renewable energy technologies in action
• Developing a renewable energy technology plan
To apply for a place on this training course, a short application form can be downloaded from https://www.midl.ie/index.php/news/98-introductory-training-in-renewable-energy-technologies and emailed to email@example.com. If you would like further information about this training, please contact Patricia Woods at the Monaghan Integrated Office on 042 9749500.