The PPN appoints Community Reps onto a number of local decision-making bodies.
The following Reps currently attend the following bodies:
County Council Strategic Policy Committees (4)
– Economic Development & Enterprise Support;
- Orla Cassin from Clones Failte
– Environment & Transport:
- Paddy Sherry from River Blackwater Catchment Trust
– Social, Cultural & Community Development:
- Fiona Keenan O Brien from Monaghan Arts Network
- Noel Carney from Monaghan Heritage Network
- Henry Blackburn from Tydavnet Text Alert
- Ursula McKenna from Dochas for Women
- Lorraine Cunningham from Blayney Blades
– Housing Fire & Civil Protection:
- Fiona McCaffrey Jones from Monaghan 50:50 group
- Marc Mullen from Tydavnet Text Alert
- Tom Freeman from Magheracloone GAA
- Teresa Carolan from Cloughvalley Residents Association
Joint Policing Committee
- PJ Harte from Monaghan Older Person’s Forum
- Michael Watters from Mullyash Community Group
- Eugene Treanor from Errigal Truagh Community Alert
- Brendan McNally from Clontibret Community Alert
Local Community Development Committee
The LCDC was set up in summer 2014, prior to the establishment of the PPN. The outgoing Community Forum decided to appoint Interim Reps to the LCDC to serve until final Guidelines have been received from the Dept. regarding the PPN.
The Interim Reps are:
- Emer Brennan from the Tidy Towns Network
- Robert Wilson from Monaghan Community Network
- Breege Lenihan from Monaghan Community Network
- Packie Kelly from the Social Inclusion Network
- Noel Carney from the Heritage Network
All five are members of the Forum’s Executive.
At its inaugural meeting, the LCDC elected Emer Brennan as its Chair. The PPN is very pleased that the community & voluntary sector has been given this position of responsibility.
Monaghan Integrated Development Ltd
MID runs the government’s SICAP programme, which aims to support vulnerable people back into employment. It has a board of Directors, and asked the PPN in May 2015 to find a community rep from each of the county’s 3 Municipal Districts. These were appointed at the PPN’s plenary meeting on the 16th June. The reps are:
Monaghan MD: Siobhan McKenna from Tearmann Domestic Violence Service
Carrickmacross Castleblayney MD: Mary Marron from Corduff Raferagh Community Dev
Clones Ballybay MD: Shauna Tierney from Currin/ Killeevan/ Aghabog Community Games
Monaghan Peace IV Partnership
Monaghan MD: Egle Pasternokiene from Lithuanian Community
Carrickmacross Castleblayney MD: Art Agnew from Patrick Kavanagh Centre
Clones Ballybay MD: Brendan Lillis from Border Bounce Gymnastics
Cavan Monaghan Transport Co-Ordination Unit
Monaghan MD: Seamus Morris from Youthwork Ireland Monaghan
Carrickmacross Castleblayney MD: Paddy Gollogly from St Josephs Cemetery Committee
Clones Ballybay MD: Alice Forde from Latton Social Services
As well as attending meetings of the organisation they are elected onto, the Reps meet regularly with each other and with the PPN Secretariat to share information and work on policy issues.
Thank you to all our Reps for your service.